Tuesday, April 01, 2008

like monkeys in a zoo

so is molly and her poo.

i would so LOVE to tell you about the spectacular day we had on vacation today. all about the sun, the mid-70 degree temperatures, the salty sea air, the kids spending hours hunting for shells with their buckets and shovels, then their first swim in the ocean and enjoying the feature pool here at our beautiful resort.

nice image, isn't it?

unfortunately, all those memories of today are overshadowed with how my day started. we are vacationing with my parents in a two-bedroom condo...this leaves the master for my parents, and the other bedroom for our family of six. it's actually working nicely, except for the fact that molly, who is in a pack and play in our bedroom, has no concept or ability to sleep in.

so this morning, like most other mornings, she wakes up at about 7am and starts talking to and calling to us (and lilly and maya sleeping in the bed next to her). i drag my sorry, tired butt out of bed to retrieve her before she gets loud enough to wake up porter on the hide-a-bed in the living room. she lovingly hands me something, and in my half awakeness, i realize it's HER DIAPER.

yikes. usually she's not poopy in the morning. usually.

but lucky for me - today was unusual. the toddler had stripped off her pajama pants and taken off her diaper. who knows when, cause i didn't hear her do it. i start to panic as i think i notice that indeed, her diaper contains a little present. i'm starting to freak out and now lilly and maya are WIDE awake and i'm hollaring at jason to turn on the light.

pack and play full of poop. there stands my darling little delicate flower of a daughter, bare butt, with poop all over her. under her fingernails. squished on her feet. and she's just delighted as can be. poop OUT of the pack and play on the carpet. like she had thrown it. like the monkey in the zoo. as jason said - it was poopalicious. my parents say it was molly's fecal artistic expression.

needless to say, there was some clean up duty. i did the textiles. jason did the toddler. the older kids did a treasure hunt for missing nuggets. thank goodness molly didn't load up on juice yesterday...

how about some more of how wonderful the REST of the day was....





3 comments:

Tara said...

All Neil could do was Laugh! Hope the rest of your vacation is better!

Stacy said...

OMG!!! I woke up to the SAME thing this morning! Only, mine was not even close to the extent of yours...gotta love toddlers! :-) Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Joy said...

I laughed so hard when I read this my coffee almost came out of my nose! You have a knack for painting a picture with your words (probably where Maya picked up her talents as well).

I do remember the days...hang in there. It sounds like most of the trip is going great!