Sunday, July 14, 2013

shenanigans and friendships

saturday was my birthday.

we've had a crazy weekend traversing the state for all sorts of adventures...

in the middle of it all, I got some text messages from a friend back at home...

first came the message "mission possible!...." followed by a voice text of a 'uniquely' sung version of the mission impossible theme....and this picture.....




and then came the message "don't call the police......"  followed by this picture....


(are you wondering "what the heck??" like I was?????)

and then another message "what r we up to!!?"  and this picture....




oh these sneaky girls!!  by the time i get THIS picture message and a voice text of another unique version of  "happy birthday", Jason figures out that these lovely ladies ARE IN OUR BACKYARD!!!



but I won't be home for another day!!  And she posts the same pictures on Facebook to see who has a guess of their shenanigans.....

well, we returned home today to the most amazing surprises!!

Hanging in our screen room is this handmade cover-up (with my name!) and a priceless card....and....



we recently installed an above-ground pool...a few weeks ago I sent a picture from pinterest to my friend to see if we could build this (vs buying it for $200 from an etsy seller...) 


she said "sure!" and I asked "this week??" and I was met with some resistance in both time and cost (apparently I have no idea how much PVC costs!) so the project was put on hold....

BUT GUESS WHAT APPEARED IN MY BACKYARD ON MY BIRTHDAY??!?!?

*this* handmade, just for me, new PVC towel pool accessory rack....it will be well broken in in this week's 90+ degree temperatures!


amazing friends??!?!  I think so.....

No comments: