Friday, September 14, 2007

dancing feet

well, after my audition rejection (which came 'officially' via email yesterday), I decided I wasn't going to just sit and mope...

so, after a wonderful dance studio experience with the girls on Monday (MUCH improved over the first dance studio - let's just say I paid quite a bit of "stupid tax" for that one) I decided I would join an adult beginning dance class...and not just one, but two! So on Wednesday nights for almost 2 hours, I will be learning to tap dance and taking a jazz dance class!

the tap class has just 5 people in it, all of which are new to tap - 3 teenagers and 2 adults...I had a great time, despite the fact that I didn't have my tap shoes yet and got a splinter in my big toe on one 'shuffle' step. I was happy with how quickly I could pick up what I was suppose to be doing, but like my hands, my right foot is much better than my left!

then came the jazz class. I stretched and moved muscles I didn't know I had. We spent the first 20 minutes or so, maybe more, stretching. holy moly. i hurt. and then came the dancing, which i loved and was a great workout. there are 4 adults in that class and a dozen or so teenagers and i was very happy that i could keep up with them, and even got some of the moves down better than some of them, and the teacher even had to tell THEM to stop whining! made me feel good.

in addition to the dancing i've been working hard to make it to the community center (where we just started a family membership) to workout on the days i take porter to pre-school (which is right next door). we get 'free' babysitting with our membership, so i'm able to take molly to the play room and then hit the gym. i went last week for some time on the treadmill and elliptical machine (which kicked my butt) and then went back yesterday for my weight training machine orientation and more treadmill time. it was easier this week and my fitness orientation girl (shari) was a delight and will be keeping tabs on me, so no excuse not to show up! i'm really sore today with all this increased activity, but feeling great at the same time.

after working out, i get to take molly to her swim class, which is an absolute blast, cause that kid has been a water baby since she was born. the instructor says that at the end of class we put them in lifejackets and go down the waterslide! i'm sure she'll love it.

1 comment:

RunMomRun said...

Glad to hear you are adjusting to your new home. Keep me updated on how the dancing is going.