Thursday, June 12, 2008

garage sales

it was that time of year again...time to go through the millions of toys and children's clothing items that we have and decide what to keep and what to sell...and this year was heavy on the SELL side...lots of things didn't even get unpacked from the move (8 months before this!) so I just slapped on the sale sticker and put it in a box...

here's some pictures of our set up...

inside the garage was all the kids clothing - i think it was four tables...and all my scrapbooking stuff...

these two tables were covered with small kids toys, and some packaged neatly in ziplocs (thanks to my ocd...)

and then we had all the big toys and other things lining the sidewalk and driveway. whew.

my trusty friend tara, and her son zach, who are strangely, despite the massive amount of work i give them, always willing to be my sidekicks when i need help... made the journey and tara helped me work the garage sale, while zach was on kid patrol.

although last year's sale was a HUGE hit, this year was SLOW. i even put ads in the paper and everything, but have had almost as much luck posting some of my big items that didn't sell on craigslist as i did at the actual garage sale. we did sell a bit, but have LOTS left, so i'm probably going to do another one, just not sure when (cause i have to ask tara when she's available - lol!)

here's hoping we'll be busier so that i don't have to hunt up more crossword puzzles for me and tara to do while i should be busy counting change!

No comments: