Friday, October 26, 2007

ikea

i made my first trip to an IKEA store last weekend. i skipped all the way through the parking lot, thoroughly amusing the employee gathering carts, and reminding my friend tara that there are occassions when one might think i've been temporarily released from my special white jacket...

we only had about an hour and a half to spend in the store before they closed and it was not nearly enough, though somehow in that time i managed to spend hundreds of dollars...hmmm.

anyway, my primary shopping goal was to outfit my office/scrap room. for years i have used jason's old desk as my scrapping surface. his desk being a solid wood door resting on two file cabinets. it worked beautifully at my house in grand haven, however the new scrap room is a bit smaller and the dark wood door, combined with the dark wood paneling in the room, made it stiffle my creativity.

so, off to IKEA i went, with kate and tara to scope out desk options (i had previously done some research online, so i had some idea of what i wanted so as to not be completely overwhelmed by the greatness of the IKEA showroom).

i bought this light for the girls bedroom (have to find a new ceiling plate to cover the hole left by the giant ugly ceiling fan that this replaced).

i also bought a big roll of paper for the kids to use to paint and color on. i bought some really cool hooks that i'll put in the kid bathroom instead of towel bars, whenever we get to THAT room.

and then pretty much everything else i bought was for my scrap room. got the tables/desk, rail system and chair. LOVE IT. and now my creativity is flowing again.

No comments: