Monday, December 03, 2012

paying it forward

so, as usual my blog posting goes in spurts.... and often times, it's when I have very strong motivation to share important things that I start blogging again - if only for a short time...

and it just so happens that now is one of those times...

last week, a local boy, just six weeks younger than Porter, lost his long battle with brain cancer... i have been following his journey, along with that of one of Lilly's classmates, who is also battling leukemia....

i shared this as my facebook status this weekend - "I am a very vivid, active dreamer - I find it safe to say that 90% of my nightmares involve great peril, injury or possible death of my children. it is every parent's worst nightmare."

Jayden's parent are taking that journey right now. i've never met them, or their son. or anyone who has, actually. but my heart aches beyond belief...such is the nature of being a mom, i think. i have relatives and friends who have come out the other side of having lost a child - I don't know how they did it...but they have.

Jayden's parents are sharing their strategy for trying to move forward... and it's by paying it forward... and they have asked others to do the same...

and so, to quote Maya, who was describing the plan to Porter last night (he was gone for the weekend ...) "mom has issued a challenge to us..."

one act of kindness every day til Christmas... it must be something that we do not ordinarily do (safety patrol doesn't count!). some days we can plan ahead...other days, opportunities just might present themselves...

i'll tell you about our experiences here (Jayden's parents asked to hear...) and if you're so motivated, help pay it forward this holiday season, too :)

1 comment:

RubySlipperzz said...

I cannot wait to hear about your Paying it Forward adventures. Thank you for doing this. <3