Thursday, December 20, 2012

pif #20

oooo - holiday season shopping at Target....need i say more?

once again, the girls and I were out shopping...finally finish making our selections and head to the backed up checkout area. it's not that our cart was full...but we were in target...right before Christmas...so, we had a few items, to say the least..and the kind woman behind us had 2 items...packaging tape and a roll of plain brown paper. my powers of deduction lead me to believe she is lovingly planning to mail a package to a loved one for the holidays.

so, in the spirit of the season and for a pay-it-forward, i told the cashier i would pay for her things, too. so the cashier reached to ring her things up with mine, and the woman behind me started to stop her...i remarked that i was paying for them....

I almost needed to pick the woman up off the floor! she thanked me profusely and asked me why...my response mostly was "why not?" and "merry christmas".

she thanked me again.

while I was completing my purchase, the cashier handed the woman her items, while the girls loaded our cart. I signed for everything and headed to the door ....only to see the woman waiting at the door to thank me again.

I probably spent less than $10 on her items...and in the scope of my purchase, it was negligible. but to her...it was clearly worth way more than that. and that's what pay it forward is about!

No comments: