Monday, December 03, 2012

pif #2

We met my parents at a restaurant halfway between their house and ours, to retrieve porter who had been visiting them for the weekend...

our family ordered dinner at the counter... and then I told our cashier that I would like to pay for the next car in the drive-thru... she looked at me a bit confused, but then said okay and headed over to the drive-thru cash register... she came back a moment later and said that she wanted to double-check that she had the right car... I told her it didn't matter - that i just wanted to pay for the next order in drive-thru.... she got very excited and said "really???" - I indicated "yes" and she walked back to the drive thru window... the next car had already pulled up, so she opened the window and told her that her order had been paid for... the woman in the car also said "really???" and the cashier said "yes, there is someone inside who is paying for your order." the driver asked our cashier to tell us thank you and was very happy. upon returning my credit card, the cashier said - "you guys are awesome!"

if awesomeness only costs $9.42, i'll take it!

and what's neat is - we not only paid it forward for the person in the car, but for that cashier, too :)

No comments: